Friday, July 18, 2014

Cheerful and Thankful

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 MSG)

Hmmm, this can be quite hard to do.  Life's difficult situations leave us running on empty, and they leave negative emotions in their aftermath.  How can I be cheerful and thankful for that?  What if I took a step back though and looked at the big picture?  Would I see beyond me to a friend hurting who needs my encouragement?  Or would I see the stranger beaten down by life that just a smile and a friendly hello would make all the difference to him or her?  You see God is working in every circumstance, and I just might be His Hands working in someone else's life.  This is what I need to be thankful for, that God is working in every circumstance seeking to lift me up.  What a comfort to know.  Maybe then I can truly be thankful and cheerful in every circumstance praying always because the God of the universe is always working for my good and to bless me beyond measure, and He also uses me to help do the same for others.  Wow, thank you Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment