Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Only One That Matters

25 The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in GOD protects you from that. (Proverbs 29:25 MSG)

Yesterday, I found myself fretting over an honest mistake I had made, and how that would make someone in my life displeased with me.  I was carrying on with a constant barrage of negative thoughts about my character and my abilities.  There I was knee deep in the muck of lies and doubts.  I felt so horrible and anxious, and unable to focus on anything but what I thought the person thought about me.  This fussing went round and round my heart for awhile, until I recognized this situation as a light bulb moment from God.  How silly, wasteful, and selfish I had been for carrying on like I did.  I remembered who I was in Christ, ferociously loved and highly prized.  As such, I didn't have to fret over what I thought someone else thought of me.  Honest mistakes happen, you accept responsibility, and you do your best to make amends to that person.  I did the right thing and that was all that mattered to my Heavenly Father.  When you put it in that perspective, His is the only opinion that will ever matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment