Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Trust, Not So Simple

God—you’re my God! I can’t get enough of you! I’ve worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts. (Psalm 63:1 MSG)

I feel the of hunger this psalmist wrote about slowly seeping into my soul. I find, too, that The Father is beckoning me closer to His strong loving arms.  This is so what I need, but I find myself afraid to completely trust my all to Him as of late.  There is a part of me that holds back for fear of total surrender.  We all have had life fall out from under us at one time or another, and some of us a few more times than that.  That in and of itself can stir up a trust issue, and the need to feel in control.  The funny thing is, is that this only creates large amounts of stress and anxiety.  We get in a balancing act of having all our plates spinning, making sure none stop or crash to the floor.  Yuck!  We burn out, suffer exhaustion, and lack any true peace.  Why are we, why am I, so silly?  Why do we, why do I, carry a burden not meant for human shoulders?  Why do we, why do I run from the Father, who is waiting and willing to help? 
 Oh Father, slow us down tonight.  Speak continually and loudly to our troubled hearts.  May we hear You, stop, and collapse in Your waiting arms.  Help us to give back to You what is not ours.  May we continue to leave it in Your capable hands. Thank you for stirring our hearts to seek You and hunger for You.  Soothe our tired souls with Your quiet peace as we drift off to sleep, fully Yours.  Love You Father, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment