Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Love of Jesus

So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it. (Colossians 3:12-14 MSG)

Love this translation of these verses.  It's a gracious reminder to love like Jesus loves.  He took on our sin and shame, so that we may be with Him always.  Jesus paid the price for you and me, and a high price it was.  He did it freely and willingly because He loves us so utterly and completely.  Take heart in that tonight, seek forgiveness for your sins, trust Jesus as your Savior, and walk with Him always.  Wrap yourself in His love as you drift to sleep tonight, secure and loved beyond measure.

Thank you Jesus for Your unending love and sacrifice to save us all.  Words can't express my thankfulness enough or the peace and love that reside in my heart next to You.  I love You so, and I trust my life to You.  Hold me close always.  I pray all these things in Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment